St. Mark’s School provides parents with many options for additional care to help with their schedules. Children enrolled in our morning classes between the hours of 9AM to Noon may arrive early or stay later for additional care between 7 – 9 AM and 12 – 6 PM. Additionally, we open our extra care doors with planned enrichment activities to any enrolled child eachweekday, regardless of mroning enrollment.
7:00 to 9:00 a.m.
Join us as we set up our choices for outside play for the day.
- Enjoy small group activities inside—guided by children’s interest.
- Conclude with a literature circle before going outside at 8:30 to welcome the rest of our students.
12:00 to 6:00 p.m. Added Enrichment and more
Children enjoy their lunch, brought from home, in their own classrooms from 12:00 – 12:30pm.
At 12:30 we play outside. Children may be signed up for optional classes (at an additional charge):
- Dance or “Everybody Move” Music and Movement groups
Parents sign up their children to:
- Nap from 1:30pm until they awake and are ready to have snack and play.
- Have a ½-hour quiet time before joining the afternoon enrichment program which is very much like our morning classes, but include mixed ages from 2 ½ to 5.
Our afternoon enrichment program is planned for interest and engagement:
- Focused, related projects are planned for a full month or more to allow children time and materials to satisfy their curiousty and understanding of each topic
- Planned activities are introduced during a literature circle which introduces the day’s activities
- Children make choices where they would like to participate which regularly includes a focused art or science project which supports the ideas presented in the literature
- Afternoon snack is prepared and served before the outdoor play transition
Children are picked up throughout the afternoon so that we have a very small group after 5:00 getting lots of attention from our two closing teachers.
Extra Care is charged by the hour up to a maximum rate per month which includes tuition.